Lochgormkits logo
Coach Details

Thanks to P Tatlow and Alistair Wright for permission to reproduce their drawings.

 Special Order Only HRC 1: 52 foot Luggage Composite to Diagram 52 (Diagram 6 in the LMS1922 diagram book)  Coaches were numbered 1 to 5, 25 and 26 built between 1916 to 1918. Withdrawls took place between 1946 and 1952

 Special Order Only HRC 2 :50 ft Full third to Diagram 60 ( Diagram 36 in the LMS 1922 diagram book) Built by Pickering  and coaches were numbered from 101 to 108, built between 1909 and 1912. Withdrawls were made starting in 1936 with the last two withdrawn in 1955

Special Order Only HRC 3 : 52 foot Composite Corridor to Diagram 55 (Diagram 6 in the LMS 1922 diagram book) Built by Pickering and Hurst Nelson from 1912 to 1914. Numbers 7, 16,17 23,24, 33,81 and 82 withdrawn between1944 and 1955

 Special Order Only HRC4 : Director’s Saloon Number 59 to Diagram 8 (Diagram 5 in the LMS 1922 diagram book) Built at Lochgorm in 1902. It lasted as a saloon until 1934 when it was taken over as an inspection saloon and lasted till about 1940

 Special Order Only HRC5 :50 foot Brake Composit to Diagram 57 (Diagram 25 in the 1922 LMS Diagram book) Built by Hurst Nelson in1911 and numbered 18 and 19 the two coaches were withdrawn in 1951

HRC 6 : 48 foot 8 Inches All Third Non Corridor to Diagram 29 (Diagram 37 in the LMS 1922 Diagram Book) Coaches built from 1899 to 1904 by various bulders. LOchgorm works, Pickering and Ashbury. Coaches numbered 71 -73, 76-80, 93-98 and 156-170. Withdrawls commenced in 1934 and were completed by 1953.

Special Order Only HRC7: 50 foot Luggage Composite to Diagram 56 ( Diagram 24 in the 1922 LMS Diagram Book) Built by Hurst Nelson in 1910 and numbered 14 and 15, the two coaches were withdrawn in 1951

Special Order Only HRC 8:: 50 foot Composite to Diagram 54 ( Diagram 12 in the 1922 LMS Diagram Book) Built by Brush in 1907 and numbered 10 to 13, the coaches were withdrawn between 1946 and 1955.

HRC 9:: 31foot 6inch Passenger Brake Van to Diagram 34 ( Diagram 45 in the 1922 LMS Diagram Book) Built by Lochgorm Works from 1892 to 1904 and numbered 13 to 21, 27, 31 to 34 and 46 to 57 the coaches were withdrawn from revenue service between 1925 and 1926. Some lasted until the early 1950’s as service vehicles. One was still in use as a garage/shed until the 1990’s.

Special Order Only HRC - 10: 31foot 6inch 3rd Class Saloon to Diagram 21  Built by Lochgorm Works from 1890’s and numbered 53 to 58, the coaches were withdrawn from revenue service between 1920’s.

 Special Order Only HRC 11 and 12 :50 ft Full third to Diagram 61 ( Diagram 36 in the LMS 1922 diagram book) Built by Pickering  and coaches were numbered from 109 to 112, built in1917. Withdrawls were made starting in 1954 with the last withdrawn in 1955.

This coach kit consists of the D60 kit with an alternative twin window or single window side for the D61 coach.

HRC 13: These vans were originally built circa 1870 -1880 and when rebuilt in 1900 would have received a Dark Olive Green livery all over. Numbered 1-10, 24-28 and 80 the coaches were withdrawn by 1922 except for three, one of which survived in to preservation in a different rebuilt form. Hunter diagram 32

HRC 14: These coaches to Hunter diagram 25 were built in 1878 and were first liveried in the HR dark olive green. From 1896 to 1902 the coaches may have been painted in olive green with white upper panelling. Numbered from 98 to 117 the coaches were duplicated as new corridor stock took their numbers from 1910 to 1917. All were withdrawn by 1922.

Special Order Only HRC 15: These bogie 5 compartment Brake Thirds to Highland Diagram 30 (LMS 1922 diagram 39), were built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Works in 1896 and numbered from 1- 12. They were all extant in 1922 and all received an LMS number, except the coach number 11, which was destroyed in the Carrbridge accident of 1914.  Most withdrawls were completed by 1927 except for number 12 which was finally withdrawn in 1930. Spoked wheels were uniquely fitted to these coaches.

HRC 16: Built in 1887/8, these coaches numbered 1 to 6, and were first liveried in the HR dark olive green, with gold or yellow lining on the edge of mouldings by the panels. From 1896 to 1902 the coaches may have been painted in olive green with white upper panelling with lining.  All had been withdrawn by the time of the 1933 renumbering scheme. All coaches were dual fitted with Vacuum and Westinghouse brake for through working on other systems. From 1911 onwards the Oil Lamps would have been replaced with Gas lamps and appropriate gas cylinder supports are included.

HRC 17: The construction of this batch of ten coaches was put out to Contract and built by Brown Marshall in 1893 with tare weight of 21 tons 10cwt.  The first five equipped with vacuum brake, second five also provided with Westinghouse pipe.  Originally oil lit, but subsequently provided with gas lighting. All extant at grouping, but were all withdrawn by 1938

Special Order Only HRC 18: These coaches were built by Lochgorm Works in 1889 with dual brake systems. First class passengers were accommodated at one end in one of the coupes and adjacent compartment each with adjoining lavatory.  The second class occupied the other coupe, whilst the third class passengers could enjoy two compartments with a short corridor to the lavatory carved out of the luggage locker. Originally oil lit, but subsequently provided with gas lighting and numbered 33 – 40 all coaches received an LMS number in 1922 but were withdrawn by 1925

HRC – 19A: There were 13 coaches built to this diagram and they were dual fitted. Late in their lives the luggage compartment was altered to a first class compartment in some of the survivors. Built in 1891, they coaches numbered 1-6, 29 and 41 -46.The first 5 were probably duplicated when the Diagram 52 coaches were built in 1916. The later numbered surviving coaches were all withdrawn before the 1933 renumbering scheme.

HRC - 19B: Coaches 1 to 6, 29 and 42 – 44, were rebuilt in 1908/1909 with the luggage compartment converted to a first class compartment. This is the alternative side for the above kit.

HRC – 20: The three coaches to Diagram 66 were introduced in 1916 for TPO services on the Highland Main lines. They were numbered 5, 6 and 10. The coaches were very long lived and were finally withdrawn in 1961. At various stages in their lives, they lost the net apparatus and some lost the set down equipment.

HRC – 22: These coaches, built about 1888 and probably for some particular branch work, were first numbered 23 to 28 in the Highland lists. Liveried initially in the HR dark olive green, with gold or yellow lining on the edge of mouldings by the panels. From 1896 to 1902 the coaches may have been painted in olive green with white upper panelling with lining as indicated earlier. All coaches were extant in 1901. From 1902 onwards the coaches would have received a Dark Olive Green livery all over. All except no 27 were withdrawn by the time of the 1922 grouping.

HRC – 23: Probably built under David Jones, in about 1888 for The Mail Traffic. All coaches were extant in 1901. Some doubt about numbering exists and though the vans were extant in 1901, Number 1 and 2 were duplicated in 1914. By 1922 No. 1 appears to have been withdrawn, but No. 2 carried the duplicate number 2D

 

HRC - 24:Built at Lochgorm Works in 1909. The 4th Duke of Sutherland’s Small Saloon was similar in style to the large saloon built by the LNWR for him. Carrying the number 58A for ease of reference by the operating department, the saloon was finished in dark green below and above the windows with Ivory white panelling. Possibly gold lining was applied.

BuiltWithNOF

[Home] [About Us] [News] [Trading Terms] [Catalogue] [Locomotives] [Coaches] [Wagons] [Parts for Locomotives & Coaches] [Lineside] [7mm Scale Scratchbuilding Aids] [Contact Us] [Suppliers and Links] [Gallery]